One Department, Two Majors
The Department of Chemical Engineering host two different majors; the Biochemical Engineering major & the Chemical Engineering major. Both majors share similar foundations but in your Juniors & Senior years, you begin to take different courses focusing on each unique individual aspect of those majors.
Schedule Your Appointment
Follow the steps below to schedule a time to meet with your advisor for Aggie Advising. If you need assistance making an appointment please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login to the Online Advising Appointment System
- Visit the appointment system and login with UC Davis ID and Passphrase. Select "Aggie Advising", enter your Reason for appointment, and select the related Special Situations. For the first time please select Aggie Advising Appointment. For any, but not required, second appointments please select one of the other situations that makes the most sense to you.
- Select Date & Time
- Once you have confirmed your information, you will be shown a calendar with available appointments. Choose the day and time that works for you. *Note: You may need to click forward to additional weeks for open appointments depending on demand.
- Check Your Email
- A confirmation email will be sent to your UC Davis email account. It will have instructions and a Zoom link to log in for your appointment. If you are using a computer, you will be prompted to download the Zoom app when you click the link. If you are using a mobile device, please download the Zoom app prior to your appointment. You will also have an option to call in if you are unable to connect via another device. We suggest you check your internet or data connection so your appointment runs smoothly.
Prepare for Your Appointment
We want to make sure you get all the information you need to register for fall classes with confidence. To do that, your advisor will need you to come prepared with specific information and questions. The following tips will help you get ready.
- Learn more about your major
- Why study Biochemical Engineering? & Biochemical Engineering Catalog
Why study Chemical Engineering? & Chemical Engineering Catalog
- Advising Packet
- Find a few additional resources to help select your courses.
First Quarter Recommendations
Biochemical Engineering (First Year)
Chemical Engineering (First Year)
General Education Requirements
4 Year Sample Plans
2 Year Sample Plans (Transfers)
Incoming transfer students will speak with our major advisors to discuss their first-year plan.
Are you considering a different major in the College of Engineering? Click here to learn about other departments within our college.
- Additional Information for Major Advising
- We encourage you to learn more about our office and academic advising by clicking here.
After your appointment, you'll want to begin preparing for registration and beyond.
- Login to Schedule Builder to check your Pass time and search for the courses your advisor has recommended. Watch this video to learn more about Schedule Builder.
- Check your UC Davis email for important announcements and reminders.
- Prepare for Aggie Orientation on September 17th to September 21st!
- Thinking of changing your major?
- The College of Engineering has a strict change of major policy that you can find here: https://engineering.ucdavis.edu/undergraduate/advising-q-a/#a1. I strongly suggest speaking with an advisor before deciding to switch. I would also recommend enrolling in ENG 001: Introduction to Engineering. It is a 1-unit course open to only first-year students that explains the different engineering fields.
- Looking for one more unit?
- Then may want to enroll in a First-Year Seminar course. Many of them are 1-unit courses that cover a wide range of interesting courses. You can more here: https://fys.ucdavis.edu/faq and a schedule here: https://fys.ucdavis.edu/schedule (will be updated in August to include Fall 21 schedule).
- Need to submit transcripts?
- Find detailed steps for each option here: https://www.ucdavis.edu/admissions/undergraduate/transcripts-test-scores
- New Student Webinars
- The Engineering Undergraduate Office will be offering weekly webinars on topics such as General Education Requirements to Troubleshooting Schedule Builder. All webinars will on Monday afternoons from 4:00-5:00 Pacific Time. Click here for a flyer with dates and times. Recordings will be available on Aggie Video.